Top Ten Tuesday

Tuesday, January 27, 2015

One of my goals for the new year was to venture out and discover new book blogs, and that's exactly what I did! I've discovered The Broke and the Bookish and I would highly suggest you go and check them out as well, there are really great posts and features- I really like their Bookish Jobs for Bookish People and Student of the Month (I've linked the most recent posts I could find). Exploring the blog I found that they had an original feature called Top Ten Tuesday and knew I had to participate. It's now or never. 

This week's Top Ten list is centered around "ten books I'd love to read with my book club/If I had a book club (or you could pick a specific kind of book club- like if you had a YA book club or an adult book club, etc)." I had to think about this one for a while, but then I went on my Goodreads and it didn't take long to decide. If I had a book club, and a very specific one at that, it would definitely be a Graphic Novels one! I have been wanting to read more comics, graphic novels and I'll even add manga in there because I feel as though they're all under the same collective group. 



1. Deadly Class by Rick Remender 
Centered around the 80's with an ancient group of assassins and teenagers in high school. Yeah, right up my alley.


2. Lumberjanes by Noelle Stevenson
"It's Buffy the Vampire Slayer meets Gravity Falls and features five butt-kicking, rad teenage girls, wailing on monsters and solving a mystery with the whole world at stake." UM. Does this need further explanation?


3. The Sandman: The Doll's House by Neil Gaiman
I'm going to cheat a little bit with this one because I've already read Volume 1 and really liked it, but haven't managed to pick up Volume 2. Either way, this series is really interesting. A bit weird but I hear it gets better as you go. 


4. Runaways by Brian K. Vaughan 
Kids who discover their parents are super-powered villains and by the same author of Saga? It just seems natural to start this.


5. Y: The Last Man by Brian K. Vaughan
I know another Vaughan graphic novel, but I mean I can't resist the ratings on Goodreads and recommendations from other readers! It seems a bit gorey and violent, so probably not the best for those with a weak stomach.


6. The Wicked + The Divine by Kieron Gillen
I don't know much about this one except that it has to with powerful gods taking over human bodies, 12 to be exact. 


7. Soulless: The Manga by Gail Carriger
You have Victorian London and a woman who connects the gap between the natural and supernatural worlds. And there are forces conspiring against said person! What more can you ask for?


8. Locke & Key by Joe Hill 
I have heard about this all over Booktube and Goodreads, so it's about time my fictional graphic novel book club got its act together and around to reading it! 


9. The Encyclopedia of Early Earth by Isabel Greenberg
I feel as though this is one of those graphic novels that are just so pretty to open up and look at in general. I've heard the illustrations are beautiful and so is the storyline.


10. American Born Chinese by Gene Luen Yang
I can't tell you how many times I've seen this on BookOutlet and put it in my cart. Yet, it has never made it past that (then again neither have a lot of others). But there's just something about this story! 

So there you have it! I feel like I've just knocked it out of the ballpark with keeping with my 2015 goals. I wanted to find new blogs and get into more graphic novels. With this imaginary book club I feel as though I'm progressing towards finishing more graphic novels! What do you think? Have you read any of this or plan to? Let me know! 

-Alex

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Instagram

what are you looking for?