2014 End of Year Book Survey

Saturday, January 03, 2015

Created by Jamie at The Perpetual Page Turner

2014 Reading Stats

Number of Books You've Read: 90
Number of Re-Reads: Honestly I could not say because I don't keep track of my re-reads and don't really re-read entire books just skip to all my favorite passages/scenes but if I had to estimate it would be 3-5
Genre You Read The Most From: YA


Best In Books
  1. Best Book You Read In 2014? The Ocean At the End of the Lane by Neil Gaiman
  2. Book You Were Excited About & Thought You Were Going To Love More But Didn't? Sweet Evil by Wendy Higgins
  3. Most Surprising (in a good or bad way) book you read in 2014? Ugly Love by Colleen Hoover- in a very good way it was amazing and heart-wrenching and and beautiful. UGH not enough words.
  4. Book You "Pushed" The Most People To Read (And They Did) in 2014? Bossypants by Tina Fey
  5. Best Series You Started in 2014? Best Sequel of 2014? Best Series Ender of 2014? 
    1. Best Series: Under the Never Sky by Veronica Rossi
    2. Best Sequel: Onyx by Jennifer L. Armentrout
    3. Best Series Ender: Last Sacrifice by Richelle Mead 
  6. Favorite New Author You Discovered in 2014? Jennifer L. Armentrout
  7. Best Book From A Genre You Don't Typically Read/Was Out of Your Comfort Zone? Attachments by Rainbow Rowell- this was more of Adult Fiction which I don't typically venture out to but really enjoyed!
  8. Most Action-Packed/Thrilling/Unputdownable Book of the Year? Crown of Midnight by Sarah J. Maas
  9. Book You Read in 2014 That You Are Most Likely To Re-Read Next Year? Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins
  10. Favorite Cover of a Book You Read in 2014? Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi- but the new cover!
  11. Most Memorable Character of 2014? Oscar from The Brief Life of Oscar Wao by Junot Díaz
  12. Most Beautifully Written Book in Read in 2014? Shatter Me Series by Tahereh Mafi
  13. Most Thought-Provoking/Life-Changing Book of 2014? Ugly Love by Colleen Hoover- you guys, just read this book already if you haven't!
  14. Book You Can't Believe You Waited UNTIL 2014 to Finally Read? Vampire Academy by Richelle Read
  15. Favorite Passage/Quote From a Book You Read in 2014? SO HARD because I really treasure my quotes on Goodreads but I'll go with "It's never the changes we want that change everything" from The Brief and Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao by Junot Díaz
  16. Shortest & Longest Book You Read in 2013? 
    1. Shortest: Honestly I think it was one of the Shakespeare play's I read (Hamlet, Henry V, Midsummer Night's Dream, Othello) contrary to what Goodreads says but also The House on Mango Street by Sandra Cisneros (110 pages)
    2. Longest: Last Sacrifice by Richelle Mead (594 pages)   
  17. Book That Shocked You The Most? Anything by J.R. Ward
  18. OTP of the Year (you will go down with this ship!): Daemon and Katy from the Lux Series by Jennifer L. Armentrout- I will admit that I have reread these books and skimmed to my favorite passages multiple times!
  19. Favorite Non-Romantic Relationship of the Year: Roar and Aria from the Under the Never Sky Series by Veronica Rossi- I really loved how they had the same ability and got along so great, also they had Perry in common ;)
  20. Favorite Book You Read in 2014 From An Author You've Read Previously: I'm going to go with The House on Mango Street by Sandra Cisneros for this. I've had to read this book before and even though I've never read anything else by her (or from any other author that this question applies to) everytime I re-read this book I fall more in love with it!
  21. Best Book You Read in 2014 That You Read Basely SOLELY on a Recommendation From Somebody Else/Peer Pressure: None of my friends really read books like I do so no one really pressures me into reading a book, I pressure myself and get recommendations from BookTubers or Goodreads ratings. If anything I would have to go with The Immortal Rules by Julie Kagawa, SO good
  22. Newest Fictional Crush From a Book You've Read in 2014? Flint from the Shadowfell trilogy by Juliet Marillier, LOVE HIM!
  23. Best 2014 Debut You Read? Ugly Love by Colleen Hoover, don't judge me for mentioning this again!
  24. Best Worldbuilding/Most Vivid Setting You Read This Year? Throne of Glass Series by Sarah J. Maas- I can still vividly recall the settings and castle grounds described
  25. Book That Put A Smile On Your Face/Was the Most FUN to Read? Lola and the Boy Next Door by Stephanie Perkins
  26. Book That Made You Cry or Nearly Cry in 2014? Don't know why this didn't come straightaway to me but psh, The Fault in Our Stars by John Green hands-down
  27. Hidden Gem of the Year? Shawdowfell by Juliet Marillier- best fantasy I read in 2014!
  28. Book That Crushed Your Soul? Have to say We'll Always Have Summer by Jenny Han because it was crazy to see how that book and its characters transgressed and overall how things ended, but also Ugly Love by Colleen Hoover...
  29. Most Unique Book You Read in 2014? The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin for sure
  30. Book That Made You the Most Mad (doesn't necessarily mean you didn't like it)? Maybe Someday by Colleen Hoover- it got me mad during certain circumstances but I ended up really liking it!
Your Blogging/Bookish Life
  1. New Favorite Book Blog You Discovered in 2014? Ah, is it horrible of me to say none? I did not immerse myself in book blogs at all in 2014 which is something I want to change for 2015!
  2. Favorite Review That You Wrote in 2014? I don't know why but I always go back to my Attachments by Rainbow Rowell review, I feel like my personality really came out on that one and it was really fun to write
  3. Best Discussion/Non-Review Post You Had on Your Blog? In My Library Cart post I wrote about what books I have checked out online through my library for that specific month
  4. Best Event That You Participated In (author signings, festivals, virtual events, memes, etc.)? I didn't really participate in any events last year because I was so busy with school but definitely starting my BookTube channel on Youtube!
  5. Best Moment of Bookish/Blogging Life in 2014? Creating my blog and really keeping up with it, well as much as I could :)
  6. Most Popular Post This Year On Your Blog (whether it be by comments or views)? Attachments by Rainbow Rowell review
  7. Post You Wished Got A Little More Love? All my review posts because I really wish people would discuss with me more on their thoughts of the books I've read, but I totally understand why this hasn't happened because I'm still so small of a blog hehe!
  8. Best Bookish Discovery (book related sites, book stores, etc.)? BOOKTUBE
  9. Did You Complete Any Reading Challenges or Goals That You Had Set For Yourself At the Beginning of the Year? Yes I did! I completed my Goodreads goal (it was set at 50) and I read 90 books in 2014!
Looking Ahead 
  1. One Book You Didn't Get to in 2014 But Will Be Your Number 1 Priority in 2015? Finishing Yes, Please by Amy Poehler. I only have 3 or 4 pages left of the book!
  2. Book You Are Most Anticipating for 2015 (non-debut)? To get to in 2015 would be any Patrick Ness book- I've been meaning to pick something up by him
  3. 2015 Debut You Are Most Anticipating? Ms. Marvel Volume II
  4. Series Ending/A Sequel You Are Most Anticipating in 2015? This isn't debuting in 2015 but The Caller by Juliet Mariller
  5. One Thing You Hope You to Accomplish or Do in Your Reading/Blogging Life in 2015? Change my template and rearrange things on my blog and interact more with people through here!
  6. A 2015 Release You've Already Read & Recommend to Everyone? I haven't read anything that's to be released in 2015 but if anyone has and would recommend something I would love to know!
This was SO much fun to do and it was nice looking back at books I hadn't thought about in a while! Let me know if you're planning on doing this or have done this so I can take a look. Have a great weekend!
-Alex

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Instagram

what are you looking for?