Wait for You Review

Friday, October 03, 2014

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/81WtqPOp8EL._SL1500_.jpg

I've recently been in the mood for a light, fluffy read because 1.) the weather has been gray and foggy and 2.) school is in full gear so I need a distraction. Thus, I went browsing along my library's online ebook system and put on hold the book up there. If you don't know who J. Lynn is then you will be in for a surprise- it's the pen name that Jennifer L. Armentrout uses to write Adult/New Adult books, though it will no longer be used after her book Stay With Me. I know I mentioned that New Adult isn't my thing but this one was pretty alright, and considering I enjoyed the Young Adult Lux Series I figured I had nothing to lose.

Wait For You revolves the main protagonist, Avery Morgansten who moves from Texas to West Virginia for college, far away from her family, her friends and everything that has been familiar to her for so long. Even though the distance would seem daunting to some, Avery plunges into the move desperately after having gone through a horrific event that occurred 5 years ago back home. You quickly find out that Avery has lost her friends and that family isn't something warm and safe she can run to- West Virginia is exactly what she needs. On her first day of school, running late to class, she runs into the guy everyone gawks at on campus (so no surprise that he's a looker)- Cameron Hamilton. Although Avery isn't looking for romance, especially with what has occurred to her, Cameron becomes instantly infatuated with her, constantly bumping into one another and coincidentally living right across the hall from her. The more time they spend with one another, the more that Avery realizes where this can lead, yet the attraction between them isn't something you can easily ignore. When you least expect something, is when it comes looking for you and Avery must decide whether to take a leap and finally trust someone or keep to herself as she has in the past.



I gave this book 4/5 stars on Goodreads because I thought it was a really sweet, romance book that instantly hooked you in- as Jennifer L. Armentrout's writing tends to do. I swear, she gets me every time! The one thing I would like to point out is that I enjoyed the gradual steps that Jennifer L. Armentrout took in getting Avery and Cameron to become closer to another; they were friends before anything further occurred, so I didn't get that sense of "insta-love" you so frequently encounter in New Adult/Romance books. Their relationship was more realistic in that sense and helped you connect with both characters. The fact that the book takes place in college is also something appealing to young readers in their 20's or even older readers who can relate back to their earlier years, where you commit mistakes, don't know what you're doing and are just looking for a way to get by- with or without family and friends.

This wasn't the best writing I've ever read, and I found myself a bit annoyed with Avery because of her indecisiveness, but I did think that the overall message pertaining to Avery's situation was inspiring- especially the way that things came about in the end-meaning you have to read to find out! I don't know how Jennifer L. Armentrout does it, but she really is an amazing storyteller- she completely sucks you into the characters and what they're going through, and in just the first couple of pages too! I finished this book in a day so if you're looking for a quick and easy read with 2 really adorable characters then you don't have to look any further! Plus, this book is part of the Wait for You series, with all the other books being companion novels, meaning you don't have to read them in a specific order but the stories and characters still coincide with another. I'm not sure if I'll be reading the rest of the books in the series based on other reviews I've seen on Goodreads, and also because I enjoyed Cameron and Avery too much to move on from their plotline, but hey if you enjoy any of them you can just pick up the others while you're at it!

Let me know if you've read Wait for You or any of the other books, or what you think about the New Adult genre? Like or dislike?
-Alex

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Instagram

what are you looking for?