Top 5 TBR Books

Sunday, October 26, 2014

I really love having this blog because I actually enjoy writing out my feelings and opinions about the books I read. It's fun and it really challenges me to think about what I'm reading! But every once in a while I want to write out different kinds of posts and perhaps interact a bit more? So, today I've decided to list the top 5 books I want to get around to reading! These books are ones that I've had on my TBR pile for a while now and have really been dying to get to. Without further rambling, here we go: 

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=&imgrefurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.today.com%2Fbooks%2Famy-poehler-reveals-cover-her-forthcoming-book-yes-please-2D79721827&h=0&w=0&tbnid=EKUfgUzbeW47kM&zoom=1&tbnh=280&tbnw=180&docid=4SLitMtTiPBBNM&tbm=isch&client=firefox-a&ei=k19NVMPfC8TGgwT15oCABg&ved=0CAQQsCUoAA
1. Yes, Please by Amy Poehler 
Parks and Rec is one of my all time favorite shows, so it's not a surprise that by loving that TV show I inherently love Amy Poehler just as much! Amy Poehler is funny and smart, she stands up for women and feminist issues and isn't afraid to call anyone out. Her skits on SNL are golden and the character she plays on Parks and Rec, Leslie Knope, can be anyone's best friend. From the moment I finished reading Tina Fey's Bossypants I knew that when the time came for Amy Poehler's book I was probably going to love it just as much. I know that both books are different from one another but seeing as they're BFF's and I simultaneously admire them both, I'm SO excited that Yes, Please is finally out! Now all I have to do is get my hands on it!

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/A1bCf-Xhe4L.jpg
2. Ready Player One by Ernest Cline
I've read and seen numerous reviews about how amazing this book is and I've been wanting to get around to it! I like that it's centered around a different era and that it has numerous references to the 70's or 80's I believe? I've been considering to buy it to have it on my bookshelf or waiting to rent it off my library's eBook system. Either way, I really wish I could start this sooner than later!

http://d.gr-assets.com/books/1319032910l/10956.jpg
3. The Virgin Suicides by Jeffrey Eugenides
I love the film adaptation of this book by Sofia Coppola. I remember watching it when I was in high school and just falling in love with the characters and storyline, it's so different from anything out there and really connects you with the plot in this odd, dream-like landscape. I've been eyeing this book online to buy, especially on Book Depository because they have the edition I want. I don't usually watch movies without reading the book first, but in this case I didn't even know a book existed until the past year. Whether I end up buying this or not, I have a feeling I'm going to really enjoy it!

http://photo.goodreads.com/books/1170690764l/68428.jpg
4. Mistborn (series) by Brandon Sanderson
I have not heard of one person who does not love Brandon Sanderson. It's crazy, and I want to get into this fandom already! I love reading fantasy books but I seem to keep putting that genre off, mostly because I think I'll appreciate reading fantasy more in a physical form instead of in an eBook version. But honestly, next month I think I will definitely be heavily jumping into fantasy either way! Everyone that has gotten into Brandon Sanderson has recommended to start with the Mistborn series so that is exactly what I plan on doing!

http://d.gr-assets.com/books/1398164413l/21969786.jpg
5. More Than This by Patrick Ness
Besides this gorgeous cover being an incentive to start this book, I've been meaning to get around to any book by Patrick Ness. My library's online eBook system has the majority of his works available to check out, but I've been wanting to just buy the physical forms because I mean...look at that book cover up there! I'm not exactly sure as to what this book is about, but all the reviews on Patrick Ness seem to be really positive so why not? One book that did capture my eye before looking Patrick Ness up on Goodreads was The Crane Wife on my library's book shelf, and when I saw that he wrote the Young Adult series of The Knife of Never Letting Go I was hooked.

Let me know if you have read any of these books or plan to get around to reading them! All of these authors really appeal to me and the stories sound wonderful, and like I said all of these have been patiently waiting in my TBR pile, I just have to finally get around to them! Once again, so many books, so little time...
-Alex

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Instagram

what are you looking for?